About Me

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Quote of the Week - Intentions

Is it just me or do you ever truly plan on doing something for someone, but then it just doesn't happen? 

This happens for me quite often--I plan to help clean the house, or send a letter to my sister away at school, or help my friend tidy her room. But then life gets in the way (or I just get distracted by other things) and it never happens. 

Today's quote hits home:
"The smallest deed is better than the greatest intention."
                                                                                       -John Burroughs

You can have the greatest of intentions, but if you don't actually carry them through, they are meaningless. You may intend to help clean the house, or write a letter, or help a friend do something, but if you don't actually do it, it means nothing.

That is why, in keeping with the quote, even "the smallest deed is better than the greatest intention." Intending to do things is good, but actually doing things is better. 

I think this is a great quote to keep in mind the next time you intend on doing something. Make sure you carry that plan through with an action--it will mean so much more.

What are some of your favorite quotes?

No comments:

Post a Comment