Friday, October 31, 2014
Thursday, October 30, 2014
- I got a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts today and it was delicious.
- I put in a request to have some of the lights fixed in my classroom, and this morning when I walked into the room, it was noticeably brighter in there!
- I started reading a new book that I absolutely love.
As you can see, none of those things are out of the ordinary. But without those little reminders that my life is good each day, I have a feeling that I could be quite miserable. As a former teacher of mine used to say constantly, "It's the little things."
So, I challenge you to at least think about three good things in your day, every day, and see how much of a difference it makes in your life. I think you might find that you are quicker to smile, quicker to laugh, and quicker to appreciate the little things.
What are some of the "little things" in your life that you are grateful for each day?
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
As hard as it may sometimes be, there comes a point when you have to MAKE time for the people, things, activities, that you love. If that means waking up extra early to squeeze in your favorite gym class, then so be it. If it means setting a reminder on your phone to text a loved one every single day, then make it happen. If it means occasionally rearranging your schedule, or scheduling things back to back with little to no breathing room, or even sacrificing something you really love for something or someone else that you also really love, then do that.
I can guarantee you that it will be hard, but I can also guarantee you that it will be worth it. So stop waiting until you "have the time," because odds are you never will. If something means a lot to you, you will make the time for it. And you will be so glad that you did.
What are some things you love that are worth making time for?
Monday, October 27, 2014
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Be kind. Always."
Saturday, October 25, 2014
You don't have to do something totally crazy on your birthday. Just try to share it with the people you love and care about, and it'll be sure to be a good one.
What is your favorite birthday memory?
Friday, October 24, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
(Disclaimer: These are not meant to make anyone feel bad or anything!!! These are simply some things that annoy me personally, and they should be taken lightly! If anything, take them with a grain of salt and some humor!)
1. When people spell my name wrong. Yes, I understand that my name is a little bit complicated. ToniAnn. All one word, no spaces. Capital A in the middle. No "e" at the end. Make the mistake once, but please don't make it again!
2. When people call me "Toni". Ooooh this one makes my blood boil! It's "Ton" (pronounced 'tone') if you know me, "ToniAnn" if you don't. "Toni" just never seemed to suit me, and I hate when anyone calls me that!
3. Condensation. Ew, Ew, EW! I have no idea why, but condensation on anything makes me feel queasy. I hate touching cold drinks like water bottles or iced coffee cups with little condensation droplets on them in particular.
4. When teachers erase everything on the board and leave one tiny mark behind. I feel like this HAS to annoy someone else besides me! It makes my skin crawl--it takes everything in me not to jump up and erase the mark myself!
5. Incorrect grammar. This just plain gets on my nerves. I feel bad about it, I really do, but I just can't stand when people do not use correct grammar--even in texts! (I know, I'm a little crazy).
Am I the only one affected by these things? What are some of your pet peeves?
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Saturday, October 18, 2014
What products have you used up lately?
Friday, October 17, 2014
Over the summer, I decided to sign up for the Ipsy monthly glam bags, and so far I have gotten two. It is so exciting to receive a bag filled with goodies every month-I don't think I will ever get tired of it!
Since my October Glam Bag just arrived, I thought I would show you what I got! I haven't tried everything yet, (I just got the bag in the mail yesterday) but I will let you know how I like the things that I have tried so far.
|Figs & Rouge Rose Berry hand cream|
|épice Purifying Exfoliant|
|Model Co VolumEyes Mascara|
|Nicole by O.P.I.,"Feeling Very Cherry"|
|Starlooks lipgloss in|
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Monday, October 13, 2014
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
I recently had one of those days, and it wasn't fun. As I drove home from work that day, I got to thinking about what I could do to try and get myself out of the "bad day slump," and I began to compile a little list.
So, what can you do to try and cheer yourself up on these bad days? Here are some ideas that I came up with:
1) Blast some of your favorite, upbeat music and sing/dance along. There's something about listening to some loud, fun music that forces you to let go a little.
2) Get together or talk with a close friend. Sometimes you just need to vent, and a good friend is going to listen as you get everything off of your chest--no matter how silly you might think you sound.
3) Have some quiet time alone. While spending time with a friend can definitely help pull you out of a bad mood, sometimes you just need to spend some time by yourself and really relax. Do things that make you happy, like listening to some music or zoning out for an episode or two of a show on Netflix (side note: my current obsession = One Tree Hill). Just remember not to stay there for too long. Allowing yourself a little quiet time to unwind is one thing; letting yourself wallow in self-pity is another. The latter should be avoided at all costs.
4) Get out and have some fun! Whether it be taking your dog for a walk around the neighborhood, going to grab some froyo with friends, or seeing a movie, make sure you go out and do a little something to take your mind off of your bad day.
What things do you like to do to help get you out of that "bad day slump"?
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
|Essie "Bahama Mama", Essie "No|
More Film", Sephora by OPI "Leaf
Him", Revlon "Midnight",
|OPI "Purple with a Purpose", |
Essie "The Lace is On",
Revlon "Stormy Night", Forever 21,
Covergirl "Seared Bronze"
Do you like this look? Let me know what other crazy nail looks you are into lately!
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Is it just me or is October one of the absolute best months of the year? I mean, come on! Here in New York, at least, there is no denying that there is just something wonderfully special about October.
Thursday, October 2, 2014
So how does that happen? How does one go from being completely overwhelmed to completely carefree with just a few (ok, maybe a little more than a few) "crossing-off" scribbles of the pen? Now, I am no expert, but over the years, I have developed a sort of "system," if you will, for how to deal with those massive lists of things to do.
Second: Do one thing at a time. This seems pretty self-explanatory, but so often, we try and get done as much as we can in a short time by trying to do multiple things at once. This usually results in getting less done and not doing things as well as we could. Try focusing on one task at a time until it's completed, and see how that works out.
Lastly: Don't be afraid to put seemingly "silly" things on your lists. I will be the first to admit that sometimes I put things like "shower" or "pick outfit" on my list for the sheer fact that it feels good to cross it off once it's done! This helps me feel a bit accomplished and actually motivates me to keep crossing things off!
Let me know if you try any of these ideas, and also if you have any tips of your own worth sharing!!