About Me

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

It's Much More Than That - Family

Is it just me or is family super important to you? I am blessed to be a part of an absolutely amazing family, and I am very close with my parents and siblings. I love spending time with my family year round, but during the Christmas season, I feel like spending time with family is extremely important.

As you may have guessed by now, today's word is family. According to the dictionary, 'family' means "a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household."

If there was ever an award for most inaccurate description of a word, this would win, hands down. Family is so much more than a "group of parents and children living together"! Family doesn't even have to include only people that are related to you by blood! 

My family is my everything, and I do not know where I would be without them. My family is there for me at all times to encourage me, to strengthen me, to make me laugh when I need it most. My family accepts me for who I am, and pushes me to be all that I can be. The relationship that I have with my family is something that I wouldn't trade for the world.

So many times, I see or hear about people taking advantage of their families or not spending enough time with them. Starting right now, I encourage you to spend as much time as you can with your family, and try to make as many memories as possible. This time is never wasted, and you will most definitely look back on it and treasure up all of the memories that you created. 

Especially during this holiday season, take time to enjoy your family and the time that you have with them. Do more than just "live together in the same household." Spend quality time with one another, creating memories and filling your days with LIFE together. You will not regret it.

What does family mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment