About Me

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Take Time to Enjoy the Season

Is it just me or does the end of the year feel like a whirlwind that sort of sweeps you off your feet? While this is my favorite time of year, preparations for Christmas and New Year's leave me feeling like I am constantly rushing around. I keep finding myself thinking, "How am I supposed to enjoy this season if I am always busy??" 

I think that sometimes we get so caught up in the busy-ness of the season that we forget to slow down, and really take some time to enjoy this wonderful time of the year. We get sucked into the rush of shopping, wrapping, baking, cooking, cleaning, etc, that we fail to allow ourselves to simply breathe in the magic that surrounds this season.

To combat this, I thought I would share some ways that I like to take time and enjoy this season.

One of my favorite things to do during this time of the year is to sit by my Christmas tree late at night when the house is quiet. There is just something about being alone with my thoughts and the glow of the Christmas tree lights that cannot quite be described. If you've never done this before, I highly recommend it.

Another thing I like doing is taking some time to write down some of my favorite memories, accomplishments, and blessings that occurred during the year. Seeing everything written out is a fun way to reflect upon the year, and it can even help you come up with some goals for the following year.

I also love keeping certain holiday traditions because it makes it feel more like Christmas! Some traditions include decorating the tree with my family, baking dozens upon dozens of Christmas cookies, and watching Christmas movies (some of my favorites are White Christmas, The Grinch, all of The Santa Clause movies, and Elf).

Don't let the business of the season keep you from taking time to actually enjoy it. Spend as much time as you can with the ones you love, spread as much joy as possible with everyone around you, and don't let yourself forget what this season is really all about. 

What do you like to do to really enjoy the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment