About Me

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

You Do You

Is it just me or do you ever compare yourself to others, and even try to be someone that you are not? I think that especially in today's society, it has become commonplace to compare yourself to anyone and everyone else. 
We see images of "beautiful" girls in magazines, movies, on television...it's no wonder that we sometimes think we need to change ourselves in order to be "beautiful." But let me tell you something: that couldn't be further from the truth.

Since today is a gross, rainy day, I decided that big sweatpants and a sweatshirt were in order.  For some reason, I also decided that a dramatic makeup look involving lots of gold shimmer was in order as well. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I thought "I look ridiculous! I can't believe I'm going out like this!" But then I thought "So what? Who cares?? If this is what I want to wear today, then I'm doing it!"

You don't need to look to others to feel confident in yourself. You do you, and let that be enough. If you feel like wearing a big sweatshirt to school today, do it. If you want to wear super dark lipstick, go for it! If you find super comfy puppy slippers that you really want, get them and wear them proudly! (Yes, this is based off of a real-life situation, and yes, I wear my new puppy slippers proudly just about every night.) Don't worry about whatever the latest trend is, or about what other people might think of you. Just do you, and be comfortable and confident doing it!

I'm going to do me. Will you do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment