About Me

Monday, November 3, 2014

3 Tips to Beat the Monday Blues

Is it just me or are Mondays really hard sometimes? It's the first day back to the "real world" after the weekend, and it is just plain tough to get back into the swing of things. Mondays don't have to be all bad though. Here are some tips I've come up with to help you beat those Monday blues:


1. Wake up with a joyful, thankful heart. If you wake up on Monday dreading the day ahead, you are sure to have a rough day. But if you wake up feeling thankful to be alive, and maybe even a little joyful to tackle a new week, you may find that your Monday isn't so bad after all.

2. Listen to your favorite playlist while getting ready or driving to work/school. There is just something about good music that gets me going, especially in the mornings. When I am feeling especially tired and unmotivated on a Monday morning, I like to put on some fun, upbeat music. Every time I do this, I find that I am automatically in a better mood, and I usually catch myself dancing and singing along. 

3. Plan something to look forward to on your Monday. This can be something little, such as planning to get your favorite drink from Starbucks, or something a bit bigger, like hanging out with some friends after work/school. Giving yourself something to look forward to helps get you through the day, and even gets you excited about getting through the day!

Above all else, remember that Mondays don't last forever. They only come around once a week, so do whatever you can to get through them and then move on! It is just a day, so fill it with joy and happiness, just like you would any other day.  

Do you have any other tips to help you beat those Monday blues? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment