About Me

Thursday, November 20, 2014

How to Get Through the "Tough-to-Get-Through" Days

Is it just me or are some days really hard to get through? You wake up knowing that you have a long day ahead of you, and you wonder how you are going to get through?

For me, those tough-to-get-through days are Wednesdays. I go non-stop on Wednesdays from morning until night, and I usually dread them. But this week, I tried something a little different. When yesterday morning came around, I thought to myself, "You know, today doesn't have to be a bad day. I'm going to try and make it a good one." 

And so I did.

I went into the day with a happy mentality, and instead of trying to take on the whole day at once, I focused on getting through one task at a time. This is something that I highly recommend--get through those tough days one task at a time, no matter how small the task. 
If you have to, mentally walk yourself through your day, step by step (ex: I'm going to get ready for work now. OK, now I am going to drive to work. Alright, let's get through my first class! Now the second...etc.). Doing this helps me break down my day into something more manageable, and I feel accomplished every time I complete one little "task." Doing this also helps me feel a lot less overwhelmed. 

Have those tough-to-get-through days? Try taking things one step at a time. I promise you that you'll make it through! 

Do you have any other tips for getting through the rough days? Let me know down in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment