About Me

Monday, November 10, 2014

Have FUN today!

Is it just me or do you ever feel like you can only have fun when you're out somewhere or around other people doing something special? 

Today at the gym, I overheard something that made me re-think this mentality. While I was doing some ab exercises, a man passed by and made some small talk with the guy working out next to me. Right before the man walked away, he turned to the other guy and said "Hey, have fun today." It was clear that the guy did not have anything especially "fun" planned for the day, but he smiled and said "You know I always do!"
This got me thinking: why do we need to wait until we are doing something fun in order to actually have fun? Why can't we just have fun every day for the sheer fact that we are enjoying life??

You don't have to wait for some special occasion in order to have fun. You can have fun around the house, at work, at school, in the car, with friends, without friends, etc. if you let yourself. It is all in the way you choose to feel (more in depth blog post on this to come soon). If you choose to, you can have a blast cleaning the house, or driving to school, or working in your office.

Moral of the overheard conversation today? Have FUN today and everyday, no matter what you are doing! How will you have fun today?

No comments:

Post a Comment