About Me

Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Importance of "Me Time"

Is it just me or do you sometimes get so busy that you forget to schedule some "me time"? You have a million and one things to get done, and so the time you have for yourself is kind of non-existent?


While being busy can be a good (and sometimes inevitable) thing, it is so important to make sure that you take some time for yourself. You need to balance the craziness of life with some relaxation and enjoyment in order to continue to function as a happy human being. 
As quite the busy bee myself, I know that finding some time for "me" is not always easy. But I have come to learn that even if I just get one hour to myself before bed to relax, or read, or watch my favorite show, it makes all the difference. And it doesn't have to be a big production. If I ever find myself with a little bit of free time, I like to try and make the most of it by doing something that I love to do; something that I know will make me happy.

Reserving some time for yourself is so necessary. If all you do is go, go, go all the time, you start to get overworked and kind of miserable. "Me time" allows you to reflect on your life, be alone with your thoughts, do things that you enjoy doing, relax after a crazy week, etc. 

And you should not feel selfish about having some time for yourself. You work hard. You are so busy all the time. You deserve a little time to sit on the couch and read, or grab a cup of coffee and just enjoy it. You are not being selfish, and you are not "wasting time" on yourself. You are allowed and encouraged to save some time for you.

What do you like to do with your "me time"?


No comments:

Post a Comment