About Me

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Go With the Flow

Is it just me or do you ever find that you have a hard time deviating from a set plan? Things were set in stone one minute, but the next minute they get changed and you just can't seem to be happy being flexible?


If I'm being honest, I can have quite a bit of trouble with this sometimes. I was especially humbled this past weekend when I was asked to help my boyfriend's brother with his proposal to his girlfriend. The plans kept changing, and then when we finally settled on one, they changed again! I was so frustrated because the new plans that were decided on were not at all what I wanted to do that day. It was cold and rainy and I just wanted to stay home snuggled up with a book or a puzzle. 

But I had to realize that this was a very special day for my boyfriend's brother and his now fiancĂ©, and I needed to just chill out and go with the flow. I needed to put myself  on the back burner, and be flexible.

It is not always easy to be flexible when it comes to changing plans. When I have something in my head that I'm going to do, or a way of doing something that I am used to, I prefer to stay in that comfortable place. I do not like change very much. 

But sometimes, change is necessary, and even inevitable in some cases. Once you learn to relax and go with the flow of changing plans, routines, or traditions, you will find that you can be a happier, calmer person. 

So I challenge you to practice going along with the flow with me. It will be difficult at first, but it will be worth it in the end.

Do you have any tips to help people like me try and go with the flow? Let me know-I could use all the help I can get!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent advice! A lot easier said than done, but totally worth the effort when we are able to heed that advice. Life is really not about us, so why do we always try to make it be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true!! I am constantly learning and trying to become a better person! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete