About Me

Monday, November 24, 2014

Keep Doing What is Good

Is it just me or do you ever feel like quitting something because you feel like you aren't getting the results you want? I know that I have definitely felt like this in the past (and still feel like it sometimes now).

For example, sometimes I think to myself, "Why am I keeping up with this blog, putting so much work into it and spending lots of time working on posts, when not very many people even read it anyway?" 

I also have a youtube channel, where I put hours and hours of work into creating/editing music and videos (you can check it out HERE if you're interested). I have worked really hard to build up my channel to where it is now, but I still am constantly wishing that I had more subscribers and such. Sometimes I wonder, "Why am I even doing this? Not that many people see it..." etc.  

Maybe for you, it's not a blog or a youtube channel. Maybe you put in really long, hard hours at work and seem to get no recognition or thanks for what you do. Maybe you continually go to the gym and feel like you still aren't seeing results. Whatever the case, we have all been there, and the "Why am I still doing this?" question never really seems to go away.

While I still do ask myself that question from time to time, I have learned over the years that what I do is not all about me. Maybe the one or two or three people that do read my blog really enjoy it and look forward to reading it every day. Maybe my new song or video will touch even one person and change their life for the better. 

Just because you are not getting the results that you want right now does not mean that you should stop doing something. You should not work any less hard at your job because you feel you aren't getting the recognition you deserve. You should not stop going to the gym because you aren't as thin or fit as you'd like to be. You should not being kind to someone just because you aren't getting that same kindness in return. 

Keep doing what is good simply because it is good. 

Never give up, because you really do not know the effect that you may be having on someone's life. You really do not know how many people you are potentially encouraging. So whatever it is that you're doing, keep at it.

Have you ever felt like throwing in the towel and giving up? I hope that this post leaves you inspired and encouraged to keep doing what is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment