About Me

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Quote of the Week - Reaching Your Goals

Is it just me or do you ever set goals for yourself and then never get any closer to accomplishing them? I know for me, I sometimes wish that things in my life were different, but I never take the steps to make them different.

Today's quote is a great one to (hopefully) motivate you to begin reaching your goals.

"Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow."

Making and attaining goals can be a bit of a daunting task sometimes. Depending on the goal, you may have no idea how or where to begin, and even the thought of your goals leaves you feeling overwhelmed. 

But when I read this quote, I don't think about how I can reach my goals in the shortest amount of time possible. I think about how I can take even the smallest of steps forward every single day, working towards my goal little by little.

If your goal is to be a kinder person, start out by doing even one kind thing for someone else each day. If your goal is to start your own business, research how you can begin getting there and do one thing off the checklist every day. If your goal is to become a singer, seek out performance opportunities, or record songs for youtube, or write lyrics for an original each day. The results are not going to come overnight. But by asking yourself if you are taking the necessary steps towards that goal every day, and by actually following through with those small steps, you will eventually reach it. 

So I ask you, is what you are doing today getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow?






No comments:

Post a Comment