About Me

Monday, October 13, 2014

5 Things Puzzles Have Taught Me About Life

Is it just me or are puzzles some of the greatest inventions ever? I am a total puzzle fanatic, and would be perfectly content to just sit in the house all day working on a puzzle. In doing all of these puzzles over the years, I have actually begun to learn little life lessons that I think are worth sharing.

So what have puzzles taught me about life? Bear with me here as I try to make the connection between these things you do in your spare time to your every day life.

1. Patience, Patience, Patience.  Sometimes puzzles, like life, can be really hard, but if you give up, you will never finish! No matter how hard it gets, keep at it. I promise that you will get there eventually.
2. Get a New Perspective. There have been many times when I am working on a puzzle from one angle, getting nowhere, but then I simply move over to the other side of the table and BAM! I am getting pieces left and right. Life can be tricky, and sometimes you feel like you are stuck in a rut. Next time you find yourself in that situation, grab yourself a new perspective and see what happens.
3. Stay Focused On Your Goal. Puzzles typically come with a picture on the box of what the final product will look like. Unfortunately, life does not come with such a “picture” of the end result. However, think about what you want out of certain situations in life, and strive to get there every day. Focus on your final goal and don’t stop until you reach it.
4. Every Little Bit Counts. When you are doing a puzzle, every single piece is important. While it may not seem like it at the time, each small little piece that you add is getting you closer to completing the puzzle. The same goes for life. Sometimes it seems like your baby steps are getting you nowhere, but trust me, those baby steps add up, and someday you will realize that you are finally where you want to be.
5. Don’t Give Up. This one is kind of self-explanatory, so I will be brief and to the point. Don’t give up whatsoever. Don’t give up on the puzzle, and don’t give up on whatever you are going through in life. Things will all fall into place (literally and figuratively) as long as you persevere.

Am I the only one who finds life lessons in the strangest things? Do you have any lessons to add to my list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment