About Me

Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Best Birthday Ever

Is it just me or are birthdays something to get excited over?! We each only get one birthday a year, so we might as well try and make it as awesome as possible, right?? Since my birthday is in less than TWO HOURS (I'm currently writing this at 10:30 on Friday night) I thought I would do a little reflecting on one of my favorite birthday memories thus far.

It happened last year (almost) to the day. My 21st birthday. And not for the reasons that most other people like to celebrate their 21st birthday. This birthday was extra special for me for other reasons. 

For a few years leading up to my 21st birthday, my birthdays had not really been so great. I was going through a really tough time in my life, and my birthday celebrations were often pushed to the back burner. But things turned around come the year of my 21st birthday, and I had one of the greatest birthdays that I've ever had.
In all honesty, I didn't even really do that much on that day! I basically just hung around the house with my family and boyfriend during the day, which I certainly didn't mind. At night, I went out to a hibachi place for dinner, and my mom had surprised me by inviting some of my close friends without me knowing! After dinner, we all came back to my house for dessert and gifts. 

Ask me about the details, and I probably couldn't tell you more than a few. But ask me how happy I felt, and I could go on all day. The love that I felt from my family and friends made my heart swell with so much joy I could cry! It was the best birthday I can remember not because I went out to an extravagant bar or got amazing gifts (which, by the way, I did :P). It was the best birthday I can remember because of the people that I got to share it with. Even writing this now, I feel so beyond blessed and happy thinking back on that night. 

You don't have to do something totally crazy on your birthday. Just try to share it with the people you love and care about, and it'll be sure to be a good one.

What is your favorite birthday memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment