About Me

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

4 Tips to Get You Out of the "Bad Day Slump"

Is it just me or do you ever have "one of those days"? You know the kind I'm talking about, where things aren't going particularly wrong, but they also aren't going particularly right? The kind of day that just seems "off" right from the start. Sound familiar?
I recently had one of those days, and it wasn't fun. As I drove home from work that day, I got to thinking about what I could do to try and get myself out of the "bad day slump," and I began to compile a little list.  

So, what can you do to try and cheer yourself up on these bad days?  Here are some ideas that I came up with:

1) Blast some of your favorite, upbeat music and sing/dance along. There's something about listening to some loud, fun music that forces you to let go a little.  

2) Get together or talk with a close friend. Sometimes you just need to vent, and a good friend is going to listen as you get everything off of your chest--no matter how silly you might think you sound. 

3) Have some quiet time alone. While spending time with a friend can definitely help pull you out of a bad mood, sometimes you just need to spend some time by yourself and really relax. Do things that make you happy, like listening to some music or zoning out for an episode or two of a show on Netflix (side note: my current obsession = One Tree Hill). Just remember not to stay there for too long. Allowing yourself a little quiet time to unwind is one thing; letting yourself wallow in self-pity is another. The latter should be avoided at all costs.

4) Get out and have some fun! Whether it be taking your dog for a walk around the neighborhood, going to grab some froyo with friends, or seeing a movie, make sure you go out and do a little something to take your mind off of your bad day.

What things do you like to do to help get you out of that "bad day slump"?    

2 comments:

  1. Great post! These tips are really helpful, listening to upbeat music always helps me. I like your blog, I'm following you now on g+ and bloglovin. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed! And thanks for the follow, I will check out your page as well! :)

    ReplyDelete