About Me

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Empties Are In! - Products I've Used Up

Is it just me or is there a certain satisfaction unlike any other that comes with finishing products? As strange as it may sound, I love collecting my used, empty products, (my "beauty trash", if you will) and going through all of them with my sister at the end of each month. 
There is something kind of fun about taking inventory of what you have used up before you throw it away. My sister and I like to share the things we have used up, and we usually give a brief "review" of the product (basically just saying whether or not we liked it). This also helps me remember which products I loved and want to repurchase. 


I finished up quite a few products this month (yes, I do feel very proud) and I thought I would share them with you!
Soy Candle, "Sugar Blossom"; Soy Candle, "Vintage Linen"; Caress Body Wash, "White Peach & Silky Orange Blossom"; Bath & Body Works (B&BW) Body Lotion, "Amber Blush"; B&BW Hand Sanitizer, "Honolulu Sun";Stila "Stay All Day Liquid Liner"; Aussie "Sprunch" Hairspray; Colgate Total Mouthwash; Colgate Optic White Mouthwash
Of the products in the above picture, I have some definite items that I will be repurchasing, and some that I will definitely not repurchase. Out of the two candles, I really loved the "Vintage Linen" scent. It smells like clean laundry, and always made my room smell so fresh. The Stila "Stay All Day" eyeliner is amazing, and is a great option if you are looking for a good liquid liner to create a perfect wing. The Aussie hairspray has been a favorite of mine for years, as it holds very well (and smells good too!). 


I will not be repurchasing the Colgate Optic White mouthwash. I'm not sure if maybe I just got a dud, but I was really not a fan of this mouthwash. It tasted sour and really burned my mouth every time I used it! Has anyone else experienced something similar with this product?
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser; Maybelline Great Lash "Lots of Lashes" Mascara; First Aid Beauty "Facial Radiance Pads"; St. Ives "Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub"; Bodycology "Exfoliating Sugar Scrub"; Neutrogena "Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover"; Urban Decay "Eyeshadow Primer Potion"; It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product 
Of these products, I will definitely be repurchasing both the Cetaphil face wash and the First Aid Beauty "Facial Radiance Pads". As I have mentioned in a previous post, I have very sensitive skin, and I feel that these products work really well for me. Speaking of products that work well for me, the Neutrogena makeup remover really takes off all of my eye makeup easily without leaving a super greasy feeling behind. The It's A 10 hair product is excellent as well. I had the sample size, and I think I want to go out and purchase the full size! It probably comes as no surprise that I absolutely love the Urban Decay primer potion. This product really helped keep my eye makeup looking great all day, and I definitely need another tube! While I did enjoy both of the body scrubs, my favorite scrubs remain those from the Tree Hut line.  

What products have you used up lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment