About Me

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Why October is Really the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year"


Is it just me or is October one of the absolute best months of the year?  I mean, come on! Here in New York, at least, there is no denying that there is just something wonderfully special about October. 

Now, I know what you're thinking: "October = the true beginning of pumpkin EVERYTHING and that's why it's the best."  Well, I know I might get some serious hate for saying this *braces herself* but in all honesty, I hate (OK, hate is a bit strong), I really dislike pumpkin things.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for pumpkin picking and hay rides and carving out the big beauty that you picked out at the pumpkin farm.  All I'm saying is that I am so not a fan of pumpkin candles, lattes, muffins, cookies...you name it, there's probably some pumpkin-related version of it. 

So then why do I love October so much? Well for starters, the weather is that perfect mix of not too hot but not quite chilly enough to need a serious coat.  In addition, the actual air feels different in October.  It's more crisp, more clean. 


It may seem obvious, but just look at all of the gorgeous leaves changing color in October! It's unlike anything else, and constantly takes my breath away.  This weekend, my boyfriend and I decided to go on a little bike ride around my neighborhood (side note, October = amazing bike riding weather) and I was so content to soak in the sunshine, the fresh air, and the beautiful scenery.  



For some reason, October makes me feel as though life has a "fresh start" in a way that none of the other seasons do. There is just something about those clear skies, freshly fallen leaves, and cozy new wardrobe that I embrace with open arms as the beginning of fall sets in.

So often, the world tries to rush us through life, marking the changing seasons by the next big holiday. I challenge you this fall to stop and enjoy this amazing time of the year. To welcome the change of season, and use it as an excuse to begin anew. You just might be happily surprised with what you discover about yourself and about the world.


Let me know what you love about October, and what new things you are learning about this most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment